Saturday, November 05, 2005

Gee, I have been busy!

Warning: Very image intensive post...

I have tried to post about our weekend all week but have been busy everynight after work.

Our trip to the Adirondacks was heavenly. There was a little snow in the mountains but the weather was perfect, nice and sunny. Here are two shots somewhere between Old Forge and Lake George:



And here is the view from our room at The Georgian Resort in Lake George:



Our room was beautiful. We had a heart shaped jacuzzi tub that was great to soak in after bein in the car for 6 hours during the ride from Old Forge to Lake George. Did I mention that Martin wanted to drive to Vermont because we were very close so we set off without a map? We did make it to Vermon but only after seeing a lot of cows, very few houses and no other human beings! LOL. He did stop and get a map on the way back to Lake George so we could find our way to the resort (imagine, a man asked for directions ;-)

The rest of our suite was the raised bedroom/sucken living room area

And one picture of the foliage on the way home, outside our hotel room on Sunday morning.

Martin and I had a really good time. We talked the whole time in the car, and had some funny laughs too. I complained that my sheep tape measure is made upside down because when you pull the tape out, the cms are on top. Martin said..."what does a backwards sheep say?"......."AAAAAABBBB" We laughed so hard over that (yeah, we are dorks!)

Because this is really a knitting blog, I suppose I should give a short knitting update. I don't have pics, but I was able to finish the main section of the body of Samus (just to the point where you divide for the fronts and back) Having 6 hours in the car to knit and not feel guilty that I should be doing something else was great. And even thought I can't read in the car without getting carsick, I can knit with no problem :-) This week I have finished the right front and last night finished the back. I hope to get the left half done this weekend. I will post pics when I have finished the body. I really want to be able to wear this for Thanksgiving...wonder if I will make it??
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention. We went to the Old Forge Hardware, only because I wanted to see the yarn section. It was pretty nice, considering the rural area. The prices seemed about the same as my LYS. I didn't buy anything because I don't have a next project in mind but I did see the pattern that Kim is looking for. If I had known she was having trouble getting it, I would have picked it up for her. :-) We tried to go to elegant needles but I read the map wrong and we were headed in the wrong direction. I was tired and told Martin to just head for home, we can go some other time.

4 comments:

Kim said...

LOL.. AAABBB!!

That is sooo funny.. and that tub sure is cute.. I've never seen one of those... I have seen this one that's like a huge martini glass though.. (That one is WEIRD.)

I'll get that pattern eventually.. I'm determined!

JustApril said...

That really had me laughing, "aaaaabb" that's hilarious. It looks like you had a great time on your vacation and the scenery was lovely.

Welcome home =) we missed you

Kim said...

Aaww, how sweet, you missed me lol. I wish we could have stayed longer. We may go back this summer and spend a week in a campground there.

Kim...i have seen the martini one to...it is in the Poconos which is not terribly far from us in PA. That one is just weird lol.

Home's Jewels said...

Gorgeous pictures of Lake George area! We used to vacation every year when we lived in VA. I miss it so much. Nice blog - found you from KR blog boards.