Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring has sprung

For the first time that I can ever remember, we did not have snow on my birthday! YAY. I recall as a kid, my aunt would buy me shoes for my birthday, usually sandals, and I would want to wear them to school but couldn't because it had snowed. I was a young teen, so of course would not wear boots!

I have the week off from school and am using the time to get some errands done. I had the Prius serviced today, sort of. I took it in mainly to have the winter tires taken off and the summer tires put on. And the scheduled 15,000 mile service. I dropped it off and then went to the waiting area. About 40 minutes later, the service guy comes out and asks me if I have the lug nuts. Um, well, yeah, Martin put them in the car with the tires...didn't he?? Not so much! I was thoroughly annoyed, not to mention the fact I have to go back on Wednesday to have the tires changed. Oh, and did I mention that the shop is about 45 minutes from my house?!? And that gas was $3.59 a gallon when I drove by this morning?!?! GRRR. I think I can skip my stress test Friday, because this was enough stress and I made it through lol...But it will be an excuse to meet Cheryl at Starbucks and bash men, hehe

So after I got home, I decided to go for a walk. I took my camera with me and found some spring flowers.









The yellow ones are my favorite. They are actually right outside my front door in the flowerbed. I planted them a few years ago and I think they may be crocus? I don't have a green thumb so don't waste my time remembering the names of flowers :-)

So knitting, right? Remember I said the hoodie would be finished up this weekend? Well it was. But when I tried it on it was too big in the arms. Way too much fabric bunching up under my arms. That's what happens when you lose 31(not that I am counting) pounds since starting to knit a sweater :-) So I unseamed (is that a word) the sleeves and ripped them back about 6 inches. I will start from that point and not do any more increases. Maybe it will be done this week. The sleeves are a little big to be a portable project, and I need to refer to the chart so waiting room time (like at the car dealer on Wednesday) is not going to help much.

Guess that is all for now. Tomorrow will be a better day...I get to sleep in :-) yay!

0 comments: