Sunday, October 23, 2005

Some progress on Samus

I finished the cable waist band and picked up 204(!) stitches for the body. This stockinette seems endless!


I love the way stockinette looks when using Lamb's Pride. There is an article on Knitty that explains why it looks like this. I found it pretty interesting. I had noticed that different yarns produced stitches that looked different but didn't know why. Here is a close up of the stockinette.


Hubby is taking me away this coming weekend. I will have at least a 2 hour ride on Friday night and another 2 hour ride on Saturday until we get to our destination. I plan to take Samus with me so I can work on the body. Funny thing...when I told hubby I was going to bring my knitting with me on our get away...he said I could not knit in the heart shaped tub!?!? :-)

5 comments:

Miri Mack said...

Nice work! Your Samus is going to be beautiful. :)

I always liked the way Lambs Pride knit up, too, but before that article I thought it had something to do with me and my skills :doh!:

Kim said...

hehe..i actuallly thought I was doing something wrong when my stockinette had that funky twist to it. I took my knitting to my LYS once and had them watch me do my knit and purl stitches to see if I was twisting the stitches or something...they couldn't figure it out but the knitty article explains it all :-)

Anonymous said...

Which article are you talking about - the one that discusses yarn ply? I'm not sure which one you're referring to Kim.

Kim said...

yep Chelle, the one about ply...

Kim said...

What article was that? I must have missed it somehow..

Hee.. that sounds like a nice trip.. and that comment sounds like something my Brad would say.. LOL. Have fun!