Saturday, October 08, 2005

Ene hit the frog pond

I was almost done with chart one and I have been thinking that the left half just didn't look the same as the right. But I kept going, trying to convince myself that that was the nature of lace and it would look right when blocked.

Well, last night I finished chart one and I added a couple of sections to my denise needle set so I could stretch it out and see what was going on. My stitch count was right but apparently I got off track somewhere and the left half is a MESS!

I frogged it last night and am not sure when I will cast on again. I think I am going to cast on for Backyard Leaves and do Ene later this winter.

375 stitches X 22 rows = :-(

11 comments:

Kim said...

Oooohh.. that hurts : /

Yeah.. I'd take a break from it.

JustApril said...

so SAD - SO sorry *cyber hug*

Kim said...

Thanks guys...hubby didn't understand why i was in tears last night as I was frogging it...

JustApril said...

Illustrate it this way...someone just keyed his corvette

Kim said...

haha

Meg said...

That is awful news! But, rest assured, it happened to me too! I think I had to cast on about 3 or 4 separate times for Ene. I also refused to recognise that I had a problem with my chart 1 until even my bf looked at it and said, no - that can't be right. I was so frustrated I cast on enough stitches for one panel of the <<>> shape. Working that made me understand what I had been doing wrong. My problem was that I wasn't doing the double centre decrease correctly. So don't give up all hope. Chart 1 is definitely the hardest part. But definitely give yourself a break if you feel like you need it. Backyard Leaves is heaps of fun.

Kim said...

Hm.. I'm testing something here... if it just says this comment is from "kim" then it didn't work..

Kim said...

HEY! It worked! Yay!

Now you're not "talking to yourself" : P

Kim said...

aawww...i liked the confusion...;-) Besides, if they really paid attention they would notice your picture...

I have been a bad blogger and haven't posted anything in quite some time. The only excuse I have is the batteries in my camera are dead...

Kim said...

This is why you need to buy *new* batteries, recharge the ones you have (if they're rechargable), or buy rechargable ones and a charger and then you won't have to go anywhere to fix it again..

In other words... FIX IT : P

Hehe.

Ok so.. I'm gonna change my name back.. cause it just feels weird.

Kim said...

haha...you shamed me into posting and update :-)