Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Early update today

I am working this afternoon so thought I would post this morning.

I had a nice leisurely morning in bed; didn't get up until about 9:30. I could get used to this but will soon be back to work full time. I have the rest of this week @ 1/2 days and next week off for President's week and then will return full time.

I really am starting to feel stronger, physically and emotionally. This has been a rough period but I think I am making progress. I still have many, many things I am re-evaluating about my life, and still have no answers for it! Oh well, i think we are not meant to know what is to happen until it does.

As I was laying in bed this morning, I heard a cardinal! They stay here all winter but I haven't heard any in months. Probably has been too cold to sing! We have one particularly stupid male cardinal that likes to repeatedly bash his head against our chimney. He thinks his reflection is another male cardinal and is fighting with him... I will refrain from any negative male comments at this point only because I am in a good mood and smiling today :-)

Some of you know I have not watched TV in 5 or 6 years. It's a long story but lets just say i was tired of fighting for the remote and not knowing what show I was watching because someone had changed the channel. I have not missed TV at all. If people would talk about various shows, I just didn't pay attention.

Well, someone mentioned the show Lost. I decided to check it out and watched the first episode of this season a week or so ago...what a mistake that was! I am hooked! ABC.com has all the past season's episodes online. I have started with season 1. I think I am up to episode 10 or so. A few episodes ago was the one when Kate and Sawyer kiss...OMG what a hot kiss that was! I need someone to kiss ME like that lol!

Oh, knitting, yeah, this is a knitting blog, right? I am working on the body of the cotton hoodie. Once I got back into the pattern, it has a pretty easy rhythm to it. Maybe I will have it to wear when the weather warms up a bit. I will finish it before I start any of the sweaters in the new Interweave knits magazine. I want to make the flutter sleeve cardigan
And the Aleita Shell
And the Printed Silk Cardigan
Who knows if I will get to any of these. I think I have yarn for the flutter sleeve cardigan, which is the first one I want to make. But...I ...will....finish...the....cotton...hoodie.....first..... (who am I trying to kid?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting that you mention the cardinal fighting his reflection in the chimney. I had a goldfinch do that for 2 summers!

Glad you are in a happier frame of mind!

Kim said...

This cardinal has been hitting his head for at least 2 years....that is when we got the wood stove and chimney. He drives me nuts...bang...bang...bang... as I sit outside when it is warmer.

And friends make being in a happier frame of mind easier to accomplish!