Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Not much change

Feeling about the same. I felt a little better at work today, but still very tired. And I had trouble napping. When I get over tired it seems I can't sleep well.

Speaking of work..I wish people would know what they are asking for. A teacher got married a while ago and asked me to change her email address. I don't usually do that in the middle of the school year because it can cause real issues. I had set up an alias so that if someone e mailed to her married name, it would go to her maiden name account. That way, she could give out the married name e mail and I would transition everything over the summer. Well after about the third message that she wanted it changed, I said fine,I will change it now. I changed her log in, user directory and e mail all to her married name. Told her to log in with her married name. She calls me and says, all my e mails are gone. I said yes, you told me you did not want that account any longer, so i deleted the account. Well, i am sure you can guess the response to that! She never once mentioned she had e mails she needed to keep from the old account, just that she wanted her new account. Grrrr! So now I am in the process of trying to retrieve her old account.

Of course, this all happened as I was leaving for the day. I came home and tried to nap and then logged in remotely to fix her user directory. She e mailed me and said, "Brad fixed it for me" I e mailed her back and said "umm no, I fixed it remotely, Brad was just sitting there watching me." People get so freaked out when I work remotely. I can almost hear some of them thinking..."oh no, wonder what else she has watched me do remotely" hehehehe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need an evil disembodied laugh for when you do things remotely!

Kim said...

i have one in SL lol...